Monday, September 28, 2009

I CAN do this!


I write. That is what I do, but this whole blog thing seems overwhelming. I think really, I've got to just give it a go. The last time I said that was February, but this time..I really mean it.

I have been writing with six women every day. We write for ten minutes to various topics. Currently the topics are being provided by a book called "Old friend from Far away," by Natalie Goldberg(Love it, love her, pick it up if you get the chance). It's all memoir writing. You're given a topic, you put your pen on the paper and there's no telling how far you'll dig and where you'll wind up. I've been surprised several times just where I've gone with the topic. I think I'll share some of those as I write them.

If you feel inspired to write as well, please do so. Share your work, read it out loud. It's a validation of being alive. Or at least it is for me. I'm alive, I'm here. I am love and so are you.

No comments:

Post a Comment